Please note this post is from Winter 2020. Check out the Shop Fishers: Summer Series deals happening July 16 -23 here.
We all know the moment. The panic that sets in when you have no idea what gift to give, time is running out, and those expedited shipping costs are staring you in the face.
But don’t worry, I’ve put together a last minute gift guide with ideas for everyone on your list! Fishers’ citywide Shop Fishers celebration is underway, which means there are some big deals happening at small businesses around our community. This past year has been tough on all of us, and our small businesses need our support now more than ever. Make your holiday gift giving a celebration of all things local and of the businesses who make Fishers unique. You can shop safely by taking advantage of reduced contact services like online ordering, curbside pickup, and home delivery.
Gifts for the Busy Bee Stuck at Home, the Art Lover, or the Family Looking for Things to Do This Winter
- Your giftee can make their own Christmas ornament, painted wooden sign, or ceramic project with Hammer & Stain of Central Indiana’s unique take-home kits.
- This DIY string art kit from Gallery 116 will keep your loved one busy indoors on those cold winter days.
- New to the Hub & Spoke building on 106th Street, High Frequency Arts features an array of artisan made gifts, including artful jigsaw puzzles sure to stump the most experienced puzzle pro. With its challenging spiral pattern, this Fire and Ice Puzzle will provide hours of indoor fun this season.
Gifts for the Fitness Enthusiast, Someone Who Needs Some Stress Relief, or the Person With a Fitness Goal this New Year
- Is someone on your list looking to get into shape this New Year? Gift them live, virtual personal training sessions from Fit Chicks! Fit Chicks! also offers private and semi-private training sessions at their location off Olio Road.
- Help your loved one unwind and destress from the comfort of home with live, virtual yoga classes from Honor Yoga. It’s the perfect gift for yogis and beginners alike!
- Have a runner on your gift list? Help to stock up their running gear at JackRabbit Fishers. Pick them up a new pair of running shoes, a running belt, armband, headphones, cushion socks, cold weather running apparel, and more. Shop online and pick up your order curbside, or have you gift shipped directly.
- Invite your giftee to pedal their stress away at CycleBar Fishers.
- Visit The Hot Room Fishers and gift your yogi a new Manduka yoga mat, towel, water bottle, apparel, and more. Curbside pickup is available.
For the Person Who Already Has Everything
There’s always that person! Here are some unique ideas sure to surprise them.
- Local husband and wife duo Kathleen and Josh are the artists behind SeWise Design.
- Face masks are the perfect 2020 stocking stuffer. Check out the variety of masks offered by Lla Lla Designs, this tie-dye mask from Dottie Couture Boutique, or these buffalo plaid ones from Shop Gina Celeste
- Get a one-of-a-kind artwork from a local Fishers artist through the Fishers Arts Council. Check out the current exhibition at The Art Gallery at City Hall online at the Fishers Arts Council website and pick out the perfect work for your giftee. My personal favorite is this piece, Violet Pool, by Ingrid Blount.
- Your loved one can show off their civic pride with a t-shirt, hat, or hoodie from the new online Fishers Apparel Store. One of the t-shirt designs was created by Fishers resident, Breanne Rose, who won the City’s first-ever apparel design contest this fall.
- Pick up locally made items and Hoosier favorites at the Conner Prairie Museum Store. Shop for pottery and textiles made onsite at Conner Prairie, old-fashioned candy, toys, games, and more.
- Your giftee may have everything, but nobody can resist another throw pillow, blanket, or candle to cozy up their home this winter.
Check out the full list of Shop Fishers specials here, and share how you are supporting local by using #ShopFishers on social media!
Stephanie Perry is the Assistant Director of Public Relations of the City of Fishers. Born and raised in Fishers, Stephanie graduated from HSE in 2006 and is now raising her kids in her childhood home in West Fishers, which she purchased from her parents when they moved. She loves supporting the local small business community, running on Fishers’ trails, and spending time at Conner Prairie with her family (Headless Horsemen and A Merry Prairie Holiday are family favorites!). Stephanie and her husband enjoy getting outdoors and spending time camping, hiking, and boating. Stephanie has enjoyed watching her city grow over the past few decades and loves the assets and amenities that the community provides, from the parks and special events to the array of restaurants and shops.