For eight years, the City of Fishers has made it a yearly priority to honor and showcase the blues. No other genre has their own festival and arguably, no other genre is more important, especially in these trying times. The blues is the foundational sound of nearly all music we know and listen to today and has been globally recognized and appreciated for over one and a half centuries.
This year, on Labor Day weekend, come celebrate the strength, prosperity, and well-being the blues has contributed to our world and get that one-of-a-kind sound and feeling only live blues can bring.
Before you come, here are a few things you should know!
What: The 8th Annual Fishers Blues Fest, a FREE event hosted by Fishers Parks and presented by IU Health Saxony
When: Friday September 4th & Saturday September 5th from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Where: The Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, 6 Municipal Dr. Fishers
- Parking Information – There are bike racks, so ride on over!
- Venue Map
Who: This year’s Blues Fest will feature several local and nationally renowned blues artists including:
Friday Sept 4: Toronzo Cannon and the Chicago Way, The Tad Robinson Band, The Agents of Redemption, and Kyle Bledsoe
Saturday Sept 5: The Nick Moss Band featuring special guests, Niki J. Crawford, Paul Linden & The Icemen, and John Ford
7 Things to Know for This Year’s Blues Fest:
- There will be several excellent food/beverage vendors on site, come enjoy some local flavors!
- Please remember that there is no outside food or drinks allowed. The only exception is a factory-sealed bottle of water. Bags will be checked upon entry. We also ask that you leave your furry friends at home – sorry, no pets allowed at this show. Service animals are also not recommended due to sound.
3. Due to State and City mask mandates, you must wear a mask when indoors and outdoors when unable to distance six or more feet. At this music festival, even with reduced capacity, you will be near others, so please bring and wear a mask.
4. Capacity will be monitored regularly. You will be able to enter and exit as desired, however, once capacity is reached you will not be able to enter or re-enter, so please plan accordingly.
5. Bring your own blankets and chairs! The NPD AMP has a wonderful lawn, which will be divided up according to social distancing measures. Come early and get your set-up dialed in!
6. Fishers Blues Fest is an ALL AGES show. The blues is traditionally music that can contain adult themes, and like all art should be enjoyed at one’s own level of discretion.
7. Please respect the artist’s desire to distance. In normal circumstances, our artists have been known to join and interact with our audience up close and in person. This is and always will be their choice, but understand this year may be different.
Be sure to check out our Blues Fest Artist Q&A to learn more about the talented musicians who will be joining us at this special event, and find more info about Fishers Blues Fest on the NDP AMP website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
Justin Deckert is the former Concert Manager at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater (NPD AMP). His favorite thing to do in Fishers is going to concerts and enjoying the parks and local restaurants. He also enjoys writing, playing music, listening to books, hanging with his family, and cycling. He can’t wait to serve the City of Fishers by bringing the most creative, up-and-coming, and entertaining talent possible. Learn more about the NPD AMP at npdamp.com and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.