Our favorite soups come from Eddy’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill at the marina in Geist. Their soups are delicious! They have different varieties and we have never had one we didn’t love. We especially love the Chicken Florentine!
-Ken Kreiger & Jo Biggers, Owners of Spavia Fishers
-Abby Hake, Fishers Ambassador
-Amy Crell, Volunteer Coordinator at the City of Fishers
-Tom Rich, President of Fishers Arts Council
-Tracy Gritter, Owner of Gallery 116
-Mike Flockenhaus, Fishers Resident
-Curt Tappendorf, Owner of Schoolhouse 7 Café
-Elizabeth Creakbaum, Brand Coordinator at the City of Fishers
-Angela Castelli, Owner of Roman & Leo
-Ryan Sunderman, Fishers Resident
Creamy Green Enchilada Chicken Soup Recipe
• 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: avocado, green onion, sour cream, cilantro
- Step One: In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Step Two: Remove chicken and shred.
- Step Three: In a small bowl mix I or 2 ladles of soup with half and half. Stir, then add to slow cooker.
- Step Four: Add chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa. Turn crackpot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste. Enjoy!
Stephanie Perry is the Assistant Director of Public Relations of the City of Fishers. Born and raised in Fishers, Stephanie graduated from HSE in 2006 and is now raising her kids in her childhood home in West Fishers, which she purchased from her parents when they moved. She loves supporting the local small business community, running on Fishers’ trails, and spending time at Conner Prairie with her family (Headless Horsemen and A Merry Prairie Holiday are family favorites!). Stephanie and her husband enjoy getting outdoors and spending time camping, hiking, and boating. Stephanie has enjoyed watching her city grow over the past few decades and loves the assets and amenities that the community provides, from the parks and special events to the array of restaurants and shops.