For National Volunteer Week, we would like to celebrate all the volunteers who donated their time and energy to make a difference within the City of Fishers last year. From volunteering during Keep Fishers Beautiful to helping at Fishers Parks events like summer concerts and the Fishers Farmers Market, check out how Fishers residents made an impact in our community last year!
- 6,273 total volunteer hours were logged since January 2021.
- 1,918 hours volunteered at Fishers AgriPark.
- 1,524 hours volunteered at the Fishers Health Department Vaccine Clinic.
- 57 hours volunteered at the Fishers Health Department.
- 198 hours volunteered at the Fishers Maker Playground.
- 1,687 hours volunteered at Fishers Parks.
- 44 hours volunteered with Fishers Stormwater.
- 848 hours volunteered to assist with Spark!Fishers.
- 850 hours volunteered to help Keep Fishers Beautiful.
- Based on Independent Sector’s 2021 Value of Volunteer time of $28.54 per hour, our total volunteer value in 2021 was $179,019.
- Fishers had 1,732 new volunteers in 2021.
- Fishers now has 3,031 volunteers to date.
- In 2021, the City of Fishers had 21 events that utilized volunteers.
It’s Time to Make an Impact
See how you can get involved in the community and celebrate National Volunteer Week by visiting volunteerfishers.com to learn more and register for upcoming volunteer opportunities such as our annual Keep Fishers Beautiful campaign. Thank you to all our volunteers and we look forward to working with you to Keep Fishers Beautiful!
Keep Fishers Beautiful (KFB) returns this April to bring together residents, homeowner’s associations, and organizations to support the vibrancy of the Fishers community. The City of Fishers’ monthlong celebration features volunteer opportunities at Fishers Parks, including an invasive species pull at Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve and various parks cleanups; sustainability resources for residents; and community stories and blogs on ThisIsFishers.com. Learn more and get involved at thisisfishers.com/KFB.
Melissa Rogers is an Indiana native who has lived in the Indianapolis area for several years. She is a senior at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis majoring in journalism & public relations and is currently a public relations intern with the City of Fishers. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, going to Indy Fuel and Pacers games, and hiking with her two-year-old German Shepard, Ari. Her favorite part about Fishers is how many great restaurants and shops there are to choose from.