Shop Fishers Business Info
The holiday season is right around the corner, and that means the return of Shop Fishers—our citywide celebration of local shopping & dining! This year, we’ve made a few changes to the Shop Fishers program to make it easier than ever to get involved.
Changes for 2023:
- In an effort to broaden the program and make it more inclusive for our business partners, you are not required to sign up to participate in Shop Fishers. Instead of only focusing on promoting our list of pre-approved deals, the City of Fishers’ holiday campaign will feature an overall push to our residents to support local businesses. However, we still have a way for you to list your deal directly on our website by filling out this short form (completely optional). There is no deadline to complete this form, and it will be live until the campaign ends on December 31.
- The campaign will primarily live on social media, where we have traditionally received the most impressions and engagement in the past. We will share what local businesses are doing for the holiday season and reshare your posts and deals. We encourage you to tag the City of Fishers and use #ShopFishers so we can easily reshare your content.
- We won’t match businesses and nonprofits for Giving Tuesday. After doing this for a couple of years, we’ve found that most participating businesses have already established relationships with local nonprofits and don’t need us to facilitate these connections. If you’re interested in partnering with a nonprofit for Giving Tuesday, we encourage you to make that connection now and begin sharing your promotion on social media so that we can reshare. If you need a list of local nonprofits, Agencies | Volunteer Fishers is a good resource.
- We will not facilitate social media giveaways during this campaign. We will only ask for donations and giveaways as needed for media interviews (i.e. to take to a local news station to promote the campaign) and your participation is completely optional.
What’s the Same:
- As mentioned above, we will still have a listing of deals on our website, which we plan to share on social media several times during the campaign. You’ll notice this form is much shorter than in the past. Again, filling out this form just adds your information to our website—we will promote businesses outside of the website as well.
- The City of Fishers PR team will be heavily pushing this campaign, including outreach to local news outlets, paid advertising in local publications and on social media, blog posts on ThisIsFishers.com, and other digital marketing efforts.
- We will still provide a digital toolkit that you’re welcome to use with Shop Fishers graphics and social media best practices/tips. We highly encourage you to post on social media using #ShopFishers and tagging the City of Fishers so we can easily reshare your deal. You can expect to receive this toolkit on XX (list date).
New to Shop Fishers?
- Shop Fishers is the City of Fishers’ annual celebration of shopping and dining local. The holiday series kicks off on Small Business Saturday, November 25, and runs through the end of December. During the campaign, the City promotes all things local, including profiling local business owners, showcasing great holiday shopping deals, and sharing stories of how supporting our local entrepreneurs makes a big impact. You can learn more at ThisIsFishers.com/ShopFishers.
We’re happy to help! Reach out at email@example.com.