2022 Trick-or-Treat hours will be 6-8 p.m. on Monday, October 31.
Chief Gebhart offers the following safety tips for Halloween.
- Give and accept pre-packaged candy only. Homemade treats should not be handed out or consumed.
- Only go to houses that you know the owner.
- Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
- A parent or adult should accompany children when they are trick-or-treating.
- Carry a flashlight.
- Stay within your neighborhood; only visit homes where the porch lights are on, indicating a home that is handing out treats.
- Choose costumes that are flame retardant.
- Wear light-colored clothing, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape to dark colored costumes.
- Watch for vehicle traffic and use caution when crossing the street.
Police cars will be patrolling the neighborhoods to help ensure everyone’s safety. If you see or find anything suspicious, please immediately call 911.